This is my great-grandma. She ate dessert and chicken fat, but she cooked it herself. So you could make a pie in May as long as you make it from scratch!
As many of you know I occasionally do food challenges for my own anecdotal experimentation. I’ve tried being vegan, eating raw, no sugar. None of them have stuck, and I normally do this challenge in February because it’s the shortest month of the year.
This May I’ll be trying to do no processed foods. Want to join in the fun? It’s one month, how bad can it be? Here are the ground rules:
1) Because it’s a long month you get to pick any two days and take them off
2) Wine and cheese are a-okay (I tried Vegan and don’t need to do it again.)
- 3) Otherwise follow this simple rule: if it has more than one ingredient, it’s out
- 4) Basically nothing that comes in a box
- 5) You can make anything you want by adding multiple ingredients
- 6) Things that would be okay (coffee, dried fruit (as long as nothing like sugar is added), most alcohol)
I’m giving you notice so you have time to plan. Who is salivating as they read this about the idea of eating real food and how much fun it will be and how good you will feel?