This week is a great time to enjoy and be thankful for family and friends. It’s also a really hard time to stay healthy.
Here are some of my tips:
1) Do something active on Thanksgiving. Whether you join the Manchester Road Race, get up and walk, march in place while watching the parade or go to the gym make moving a priority before sitting and eating for the whole day.
2) Pick one thing to pass up. Maybe that is alcohol or dessert, or gravy or adding butter to bread. Go with something you can stick too, but figure out what you’ll pass on this year. I’m sort of cheating this year because I’m giving up gluten, but I already gave that up.
3) Stretch between dinner and dessert. Can you entice your whole family to participate?
4) Drink water over sugary beverages. Add lemon or lime.
5) Try to pass on seconds. (I’ll admit I fail at this almost every year. Maybe this year is my year.)
Enjoy and have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.