Today is Matt’s and my nine year anniversary, and I’m still lucky to be completely infatuated with him. I tell him I love him everyday, and it’s always nice to hear. So today, write a note to someone you love (a friend, a spouse, a parent, a child, a cousin) and tell them why you love them. It will make you and the person you write feel good. Do it now.
(And if you have the time, pick a different person and write them every day this week.)
Here are just some of the reasons I love Matt:
- He makes me laugh
- When I need help he’s always there
- Waking up next to him always makes me smile
- He smells good (and doesn’t use any cologne or other products)
- He loves to walk
- He listens
- He’ll dance with me
- He’s smart (and I’m proud of all his accomplishments)
- He never sweats the small stuff
- Family is important to him
- He helped me make a lamp and encourages me
- He’s a good friend
Okay, I’m realizing I could continue with this fairly easily. But the challenge worked. I’m already smiling and happy just thinking about how much I love someone. It really does make you feel good.