Stay Healthy This Winter
I like winter because it’s a good time to curl up with a good book and hibernate a bit. Falling asleep at 9pm doesn’t seem so bad when it’s already been dark for five hours. But winter can also make it harder to get up and work out and easier to eat warm, greasy comfort foods. Here are some tips for staying active and healthy this winter:
· Take up a winter sport. I recently discovered and love cross country skiing.
· Make soup. It’s warm, and good, and easy to incorporate veggies.
· Try an indoor fitness class, maybe something new to keep you motivated.
· Read a book that inspires you to eat healthy or exercise.
· Grab a workout from a health magazine and try to do it every day for one week.
· Shovel instead of snow blowing.
· Play in the snow. Make a snowman, go sledding, have a snow ball fight.
· Get together with friends and have everyone bring a new, healthy, yummy recipe.