I know I consume too much sugar. I love ice cream and chocolate. I do try to stay away from processed foods, but since I’ve been gluten-free I feel like I actually eat more processed foods and have a lot more sugar hidden in my food.
If you’re like me and you’re looking for ideas to kick your sugar habit, here are some helpful tips:
1) Eat a lean protein at every meal and snack
2) Eat fruit and almonds—you’ll be getting that protein and get a little something sweet, plus you’ll be getting fiber
3) Chew gum until the craving passes (I find this really helpful)
4) Go for a walk until the craving passes (this one actually does often work for me)
5) Kick sugar completely for a few days until the cravings go away (this doesn’t usually work for me, but maybe it will for you)