The holiday season is in full swing and with everything on your plate, you may very well feel like life is a balancing act. Here’s a balancing exercise that might get you centered:
Here’s what you do:
- Stand with your inner thighs together. Pull in your belly button, let your hands rest at your sides. Lengthen up and hold a good posture.
- Then roll up onto the balls of your feet, lifting your heals off the ground. Try to distribute the weight throughout the entire ball of your foot, not leaning to one side or the other.
- To make it harder, close your eyes.
- Take deep breaths the whole time and challenge yourself to stay up as long as you can.
- Take little breaks if needed, but try to balance for 5 minutes.
If you are too busy to fit this in, try it while waiting in line to buy presents or groceries.