This exercise is really a warm up, but it is important to gently work your shoulders because they are the location of so much tension for us throughout the day and when we exercise. This is a great one to try twice a day–first thing in the morning and right before bed.
- Sit up tall, lengthening through the ears. Cross your legs so that your hamstrings aren’t tense and you can completely focus on the shoulders. You arms should be down at your sides.
- Inhale: Lift your arms up bringing your arms out in front of you continuing the motion until your fingertips point up toward the ceiling, palms facing each other.
- Exhale: Turn you palms away from each other and slide your arms back down to your sides like you are making a snow angel.
- Repeat 5 times
- Still sitting up tall
- Inhale: Make the snow angel motion with your arms moving from your sides to beside you ears. This time your palms should be facing the ceiling.
- Exhale: Your palms are already facing each other, so just slide your arms down in front of you until they are beside you.
- Repeat 5 times.