You’ll find this works your core a surprising amount. The challenge is to keep you back long and not let your shoulders roll forward. Here’s how you do it:
- Roll back onto the fleshy part of your glutes like you were going to do Roll-Like-A-Ball
- Lengthen you back and then take your feet off the ground, toes facing the floor like you were going to do Roll-Like-A-Ball. Hold at your ankles or behind your thighs.
- Bring your calves parallel to the floor, and then continue straightening the legs as much as your flexibility allows.
- Hold for 10 seconds. Breath as needed.
- Open the legs hip distance apart and hold for 10 seconds, breathing as needed
- Close the legs and hold for 10 more seconds
Notes: Only extend the legs as far as you can keep you upper body long and stable. Remember to breath. Since the body isn’t moving, this is a good exercise to focus on the breathe. If you are having trouble balancing, place your hands or finger tips on the floor. Enjoy trying your best!