- Sit up tall on your sits bones, legs straight out in front of you. (If this position is uncomfortable, you can cross your legs.)
- Extend your arms out to the sides, reaching them long, but try not to let your shoulders crunch up to your ears. (Palms face down.)
- Inhale while facing forward.
- Take a deep exhale while twisting to one side for three seconds.
- Inhale to return to center.
- Exhale for three seconds and twist in the opposite direction.
- Repeat five times each side.
Reminders: Make sure you are twisting from the obliques, not the hips. If you see one leg pulling in when you twist, then you are actually getting less core work. Also try to make sure you lengthen through the spine, especially when twisting. Try not to collapse. And always remember to pull the shoulder blades away from the ears without lowering the arms. As always, try to enjoy doing the exercise. Your spine will love you for it.