The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend and there are lots of ways to enjoy exercise (although you don’t have to call it that) when the weather is nice. So, after completing the exercise of the week, of course, why don’t you consider one of these activities that you can do in the great Nutmeg state:
1) Go for a Hike–Devil’s Hopyard is a great location with waterfalls and pretty easy hikes to get you started for the season.
2) Kayak–If you don’t have one, there are places you can rent them. Seeing areas you are familiar with from the water gives you a varied vantage and a whole new perspective on the same old same old. Collinsville Canoe and Kayak in Farmington is one place to get started.
3) Stroll Town Greens–Is there a town you’ve never investigated in Connecticut? If you’re like me there are probably a ton. Go investigate, but walk around the town to discover it’s intricacies. Stroll Main Street or the town green. Old Wethersfield and Ledyard are two towns that offer wonderful locales for walking
4) Rock Climb–For the more adventurous of heart, you can take a rock climbing classes throughout the state. EMS in West Hartford offers classes that I have taken. It’s a full day and a lot of fun, plus the way you work your core in Pilates is perfect for rock climbing.
5) Walk a Beach–Walking in sand provides a more challenging workout than walking on pavement. Try getting to the shore this weekend and traverse the seaside.
These are just a few options of all the possibilities that exist, and they are close to home, so with gas prices increasing you don’t have to go too far. Have fun with your new adventure. And, as always remember to keep you belly button engaged and breath!